2 Obserwatorzy

Abigail Anna Gibbs
Przeczytane:: 95/511 stron
Business As Usual: A Tor.Com Original
David Barnett
Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead I did not expect much from this book, only to get me thourgh travel to and from work, maybe because of that I don’t feel disappointed. The Academy was founded on the wave of popularity of Twilight and it feels, but Richelle Mead put in his novel more effort than S.Meyer.

It's still a typical book for teens about vampires-we have a school, a girl, two boys who want to be with her -all of these painfully hackneyed themes. The story is only sketched here, and it's an excuse, but I don’t quite know for what. Probably to present Rose and her rebel attitude, but she didn’t ‘click with me and so I was rather indifferent. The characters are mostly template and dwo-dimensional, except maybe Christian. No one reaches level of Bella Swan, it's true, but it’s hard to view this as a plus. The way the love triangle is handled is worthy of praise, it is not the axis of the plot, nor so terribly tireying, and both suitors belong to the same league.

The world ... hole to hole. Why the action takes place in Montana, when most of the characters come from Eastern Europe? No idea. If Strigoi are really such a threat, then keeping all the young moroi in one place, that is not so secure is.. highly unreasonable? Yes, but plt must happen in a boarding school, otherwise it would be necessary to add to the cast of characters parents (although the Authoress is doing her best to eliminate adults from storyline). If the guards are too few and in consequence valuable, why most of them is treated as lesser beings?

The Authoress has also a problem with the variety of Russian names. Director of the school, Kirova, is written properly, but one of the female guards called Petrov instead of Petrova. Sloppiness?

It’s a quick and easy read, although I didn’t think Rose a good narrator and I was slightly put off by repetitions. It served its purpose, but I can’t say it was a pleasure to read it. It was more of railway station cafeteria pastry than premium quality one.
I’m not sure if I will read next volume, maybe someday. For now, I’m trying to find something easy, vampire related that doesn’t change bloodsucking monsters into glitter balls.