2 Obserwatorzy

Abigail Anna Gibbs
Przeczytane:: 95/511 stron
Business As Usual: A Tor.Com Original
David Barnett
Escaping Reality - Lisa Renee Jones I'm really on the fence with this one.
The beginning is rough, but after a few pages it gets better and we are plunged in a erotic movie kind of scenario, two stranger in the airport exchanging glances and so on. And since I know where all of these should lead, I didn't care too much about strange behavior (Liam laughing at strangest moments). And sex scenes are well done, and I like how Amy was honest with herself and the reader, not mistaking lust for love.
But then Escaping reality tried to be a mystery/thriller novel and it failed. The mystery surrounding Amy is overdone, she's constantly scarred, complaining about her life, about the mysterious threat, but the reader gets no explanation. The unknown danger is fine in the beginning, but after reading the whole book, I still have no idea what's going on.
And I feel like I've read only the first half of the book, not the first book in a series.

And all those Fifty shades of Grey cliches... Honestly, why all these guys need to be improbably young and rich? Why they all share obsession with feeding heroine? And birth control pills? So you have an affair with a stranger, and your only concern is pregnancy? What about STDs?
It would be three stars, as I quite enjoyed it and will read the second volume for sure, but FSOG inspirations knocks one star off.